Song Exploder Done

AUP230 Week 4

Closing in on our advanced studio production intensive as we said goodbye to our Song Exploder project. Reflecting on the outcome of the project, I would not say I am satisfied with the results. There are a few main reason contributing to the outcome and here under is a reflection on the process as well as possible improvements.

To start with, I have chosen the wrong genre or producer to work on. Given that we only have 4 weeks for the project, I struggled to juggle between my side projects so I chose to do a grunge style, which I thought would be easier for me despite not being very into this genre. This ended up being a wrong decision as I did not really enjoy the project and therefore I did not pay as much effort and attention as I should. Furthermore, producing has always been my biggest weakness in terms of music production skills as I have always struggled to have a clear vision of the sound I am looking for. Being an international student, my connections with local musicians are doubtlessly very weak and I failed to source the right people for this kind of music. All of the musicians I ended up working with are in the rock or pop genre, which definitely lack the gear and the playing style that the song calls for. Lastly, I think I have relied too much on my mixing and editing skills as they have always been my stronger side. I kept lying to myself that I can fix the flaws in the tracks during mixing and therefore did not spend the adequate effort on producing. I would say, at the end of the day, the post-production stage did help fix some of the problems for the tracks but it is obviously not the point for this project.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Search By Catergory
Follow Us
  • Facebook - White Circle
  • White Instagram Icon
  • SoundCloud - White Circle